Pages

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Word

Jeniffer brings what it is to be fully Human:
The very genuine reaction that I’ve heard is that although the people in the LGBTQ community believe the CEO of Chick-fil-A should have every right to state what he believes.  They cannot in good conscience spend their money with an organization that will use those profits to support anti-gay causes. This is completely legitimate, and I fully support anyone voting with their wallets. It is also understandable that the out pouring of support for Chick-fil-A feels like a slap in the face. Particularly when we tweet and Facebook and write blog posts about it.  Yeah, I want to stick it to the leaders in Chicago and Boston, but I do not want my friends to be collateral damage.  As a Christian, I cannot abide the hate directed at this community.

And so, here is what I propose. I can think of no better organization serving the LGBTQ community than The Trevor Project. For every dollar I spend at Chick-fil-A, I will donate a dollar to The Trevor Project. To me, this seems like a better way to love my neighbors and support what I believe in than slapping them in the face. Join me?
This is what I love about our little corner of the 'Net - this is a simply outstanding idea, filled with the best of both sides of the argument.  I've posted at least twice on this imperfect tense that never quite becomes a present.  I can't think of a better way to try to leave the world a little better place.

Jennifer says what Dr. Donne said, these many years ago:
No man is an island,
Entire of itself.
Each is a piece of the continent,
A part of the main.
If a clod be washed away by the sea,
Europe is the less.
As well as if a promontory were.
As well as if a manor of thine own
Or of thine friend's were.
Each man's death diminishes me,
For I am involved in mankind.
Therefore, send not to know
For whom the bell tolls,
It tolls for thee.
That's one smart lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment